7 Reasons to Not Hate Men, Even if You’re Single on Valentine’s
Valentine’s Day can feel like a slap in the face (or an excuse to down vodka) if you’re not in a healthy relationship or find yourself single on the holiday. But here to remind us we don’t have to drown in our man-hating sorrows is Amber Madison, author of the new book ARE ALL GUYS A**HOLES?. After traveling around the country and interviewing more than 1,000 guys about sex, love and dating, she discovered guys aren’t nearly as bad as we might think. Here’s her evidence.
- 73% of guys said their primary interest in women is to find someone to have a relationship with. That’s right, guys are out there hunting for girlfriends, not just pieces of ass.
- Guys aren’t “biologically driven to spread their seed.” The theories we always read about how science makes guys act like dicks are actually just theories, meaning they cant be proven. Evidence against this one: only 8% of guys said their primary interest in women is sex.
- Guys care about looks way LESS than you might think. They consistently rated intelligence, sense of humor and being nice/caring as more important.
- We’re not the only ones freaking out a little bit before a date. On a scale from 1-10, guys rated their average pre-date nervousness a 4.
- When guys get turned off on a date, it’s because they sensed bad conversation (34%), bad manners (16%) or a bad attitude (35%). It’s not because you didn’t wear your fuck-me pumps.
- In-between dates, a guy who likes you wants to hear from you. Only 2% said they wanted to be the ones always initiating contact.
- 99% of guys said they’d want to be in a relationship if the right girl came along. Dating a guy who says he’s not ready to commit? Don’t excuse this as “guy behavior,” cut him loose and go find a better one.
Truth is, there are plenty of relationship-minded single guys out there wishing they were spending this holiday with you! So get out there and meet them. And after you do, run them through Amber’s iPhone App, A-Hole Tester, and make sure they pass. It’s free today in honor of Valentine’s.