Upcoming: SECRETS OF DRAGON GATE
Dragon Gate Taoism, a 700-year-old tradition which incorporates Buddhist and Confucian teachings, revolves around the concept of alchemy. Not the turning of straw into gold, but rather the turning of the physical body into a spiritual force. Once the physical essence develops that spirit, it can synchronize with the energy of the universe.
The path to spiritual alchemy has been passed down through 14 generations to Dr. Steven Liu. Along with student and co-author Jonathan Blank, Liu shares his wisdom in SECRETS OF DRAGON GATE: Ancient Taoist Secrets for Health, Wealth, and Happiness. This complete guide provides a wonderful introduction to the philosophy of Dragon Gate. In addition to lessons, the book outlines 72 specific practices to help readers work toward spiritual alchemy – the process of uniting with the forces of nature to gain power. This comprehensive array of Taoist exercises will help readers….
- Achieve overall health. A Taoist approach to breathing, eating, and exercising promotes lasting wellness.
- Improve their sex lives. Dragon Gate students have been utilizing sexual yoga practices for centuries to improve intercourse and strengthen their spiritual connection to their partner.
- Manifest their desires. Taoist techniques can help readers set goals and bring them to fruition.
- Control their energy through breath. Breathing is the most important Taoist practice. By focusing it, students can maximize their potential.
- Recall and direct their dreams. Dream yoga helps us remember our dreams and use them to connect with the divine.
- Reduce stress and improve memory. The Dragon Gate meditation practices will help students manage and maximize their mental capacity.
In revealing the time tested practices of a mysterious and ancient tradition, Secrets of Dragon Gate provides a transformative wellness guide for readers intrigued by Eastern wisdom.
About the Authors
Dr. Steven Liu was born in Taiwan in 1959 to a family deeply devoted to the principles of Taoism. Grandson of Taoist masters and Chinese medical doctors, Dr. Liu studied Taoist chi gung, healing, and martial arts meditation. In his 20s, he met White Crane, the thirteenth Master of the Dragon Gate school of Taoism – centered on inducing the spontaneous and free flow of chi and the development of numerous Taoist art forms including meditation, martial arts, dream yoga, feng shui and the 5 Taoist Arts. Dr. Liu studied with Master White Crane for many years, passing through a series of rigorous trials to become the 14th generation master of the system.
Jonathan Blank is an award-winning filmmaker, writer, high-tech entrepreneur and martial artist with over 25 years experience studying numerous martial art forms and the eastern philosophy upon which they are based. In 1996 Jonathan met Dr. Liu and has been studying Dragon Gate Taoism from him ever since. He also currently serves as the Western Liaison for the Shaolin Temple in Los Angeles. Among Jonathan’s critically acclaimed films (as writer, producer, director) are Sex, Drugs & Democracy, Anarchy TV, and Collecting America. Jonathan has also written numerous screenplays and articles.