Popping up black boxes is irksome and it’s only getting worse with Windows 10. If you are using Windows 10, here are the things you can do to fix the black boxes. How to Fix Windows 10 Black Box Keeps Popping Up As you may have noticed that sometimes cmd pops up and disappears from Windows 10 and the Windows 10 Creators command prompt randomly pops up and disappears Update has introduced some issues that aren’t easy to fix.
The black box is one of them. So what is the reason behind it and How to Fix Black Boxes on Computer screens?
Why Does A Black Box Appear On My Computer Screen
Now some of you may be wondering Why Does a Black Box Appears on My Computer Screen and why Windows 10 Command Prompt Appears and Then Disappears.
There could be many reasons that could be causing the Command Black Box to appear and disappear without giving enough time to the user to read what’s written on the command prompt. Some of the probable reasons are stated below for the Black Box that Keeps Popping Up.
- Turned On Office Tasks
- Automatic Downloads Being Turned On
- Malware Attacks on the Device
How To Fix Black Boxes On Computer Screen
Turn Off Office Tasks
This is the first method that will answer the question “How to Fix Windows 10 Black Box Keeps Popping Up” The most likely source of this problem is a scheduled activity that is running in the background as a result of CMD.exe/Command Prompt Keeps Popping up in Windows 10. Therefore, the natural first step is to inspect the job scheduler. Many programs establish a scheduling job that runs on a regular basis.
It might be a fault or simply a lousy design, but it could also be malware set to download information after a certain amount of time. The steps to Turn Off the Office Tasks are stated below the users are requested to follow these steps to rectify the situation.
- Hold down the Windows key and hit the R key. Enter “taskschd. MSC” and press Enter to launch the task scheduler.
- From the left pane, double-click the Task Scheduler Library folder.
- From the left pane, double-click the Microsoft folder.
- From the left pane, select the Office folder.
- Now, in the middle pane, look for the job OfficeBackgroundTaskHandlerRegistration.
- From the rightmost panel, pick OfficeBackgroundTaskHandlerRegistration and click Disable (or right-click and select Disable).
Validating Automatic Downloads Being Turned Off Using PowerShell
Office tasks are not the only reason that is causing your Windows 10 Command Prompt Appears Then Disappears, it could also be data being downloaded over the internet in a scheduled period. You may use Powershell commands to determine whether or not anything is being downloaded. This will aid in determining whether or not the issue is caused by service.
- Enter PowerShell in the Windows Start Search by pressing the Windows key once.
- Right-click PowerShell in the search results and select Run as administrator.
- Enter the following command after typing it.
Get-BitsTransfer -AllUsers | select -ExpandProperty FileList | Select -ExpandProperty RemoteName
- This command will display the items that are currently being downloaded on your machine. It will also include the URLs from which these items are obtained. If you don’t see anything (as seen in the image), this simply implies that nothing is downloading on your PC.
- When you’re finished, type the following command and hit Enter. This command prevents non-Windows updates from being downloaded.
Get-BitsTransfer -AllUsers | Remove-BitsTransfer
- The Best Solution Of Laptop Disconnecting From Wifi
- Quick Way To Make A Checkmark On Keyboard In Ms Office And More
Validating That There Is No Malware Attack On The Device
Sometimes command prompt randomly pops up and disappears is not due to Office Tasks or Data downloaded from the internet, the appearance of a command prompt might also be an indication of an infected machine which could result in cmd pops up and disappears in windows 10.
Malware and viruses frequently download data from the internet. They frequently masquerade themselves as reputable services. So, if following the recommendations in Methods 1 and 2 did not resolve the problem, malware is the most likely explanation.
- So, here are some methods for determining whether or not your computer is infected.
- To scan your system, use AdwCleaner or ESET Online Scanner (Or both).
- Click here to download and start AdwCleaner. Check to check if any harmful files are detected. You may try out the free version.
- By clicking here, you may scan your system with the ESET Online Scanner. It will take some time, but it will be well worth it. To begin, we recommend running the ESET Online Scanner to check whether it finds any tainted files.
- If any of these programs discover an infected file, be sure to remove it.
Extra Fixes For Command Prompt Pops Up Randomly Error
Although the steps mentioned above would solve the problem of the user of the command prompt randomly pops up and disappears. However, if the problem of the command prompt randomly pops up and disappears is still not solved, this section will provide extra fixes for the command prompt pops up randomly with an error.
Installing The Latest Update
- Install the most recent updates on your Windows PC;
- To fix damaged files, restart the Windows system.
- Open a Command Prompt window and enter: dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth;
- Wait for the procedure to finish before running the SFC /scannow command and pressing Enter.
After that, restart your computer to maintain all of your modifications. Then you may see whether the CMD shows up sporadically error has been resolved.
Creating A New User Account
When a user’s profile is corrupted, the command prompt randomly pops up and disappears CMD may be unable to work correctly and as a result, cmd pops up and disappears in windows 10. You can try creating a new user account to test if CMD.exe works or not by following these steps:
- Click “Add” under the Users tab on the User Account window; Click “Sign in without a Microsoft account” under the How will this person sign-in window;
- On the next page, select “Local Account” > Enter a username > “Next” > “Finish”;
- Because the old User Account window is still visible on the screen, choose the newly created user > select “Properties”; click “Group Membership” > Select “Administrator” > “Other” > “Administrator”; click “Apply” > “OK.”
- After that, you may check to see if the Command Prompt has stopped.
- Since the previous User Account window remains on the screen, choose the newly created user > click “Properties”; click “Group Membership” > select “Administrator” > “Other” > “Administrator”; click “Apply” > click “OK.”
After that, you may check to see if the Command Prompt has ceased appearing. If not, restart your computer and login in with your new user account, and everything should be alright.
1. Why CMD Suddenly Popped Up And Disappear?
Ans: The following are some of the possible causes of the black window keeps popping up and disappearing windows 10.
- Office Tasks was enabled.
- Automatic Downloads
- Malware Attacks on the Device
- Outdated Drivers
2. How Do I Stop CMD From Popping Up Randomly?
Ans: There are various ways in which the user can help themselves with answer the question “How to Fix Windows 10 Black Box Keeps Popping Up” and these are:-
- Creating a New User Account
- Installing the Latest Update
- Turning Off Office Tasks
- Validating that there is no Malware Attack on the Device
- Validating Automatic Downloads Being Turned Off Using PowerShell
3. Is CMD EXE A Virus?
Ans: No, it is not. The genuine cmd.exe file is a secure Microsoft Windows system process known as the “Windows Command Processor.” Malware programmers, such as those that create viruses, worms, and Trojans, purposefully give their processes the same file name in order to avoid discovery.
Congratulations now you have the knowledge and the techniques to Fix Black Boxes on Computer screens also various extra techniques to stop command prompt randomly popping up and disappearing which would help the user to have a troubleless experience while using their devices.
The user must be careful with the Black Boxes popping on the Computer Screen as sometimes it could be a signal of a malware attack and the user should get rid of it as soon as possible.