Texting is a savior. You can quickly send out a text to your friends or family while you are driving or in a meeting. Similarly, it’s best for keeping in touch with your relatives and old friends if you are not much of a caller. However, hurried texting can often cause chaos.
In midst of a hurry, you may accidentally send out your text to the wrong person, or press send for a wrongly typed text. This has surely happened to you in the past- which brings us to how to delete text messages on iPhone for both sides.
How to delete messages on iPhone from both (step by step)
If you have sent a wrong or incorrect text message through your iPhone, you can delete it from both ends.
- To delete the messages from both ends, you can either delete the whole conversation or some parts of it.
- To clear the conversation, open it and swipe left on the thread. Then click on delete
- To clear individual messages, open the conversation, and click on the “I” in the top right corner of the message you want to delete. Then click on “Delete”.
How to Delete Text Messages on iPhone
If you want to know how to delete messages on iMessage from both sides, you can try this method:
- Open the messages on your iPhone
- Once the message list opens, swipe left on the message you want to delete and it will be deleted
- Click on the delete button and your message will be gone permanently
How to Delete a Text Message That Was Sent?
Thankfully, it’s possible to delete messages you have sent to someone. To do this open the messaging app and identify the conversation that contains the text message you want to delete. Swipe left on that message and click on delete.
How Do You Remove Them From the Cloud?
It’s possible to delete the message from iCloud. Follow the steps below to get it done:
- Open the messaging app on your iPhone or iPad.
- On the mess conversation, touch and hold the message bubble or attachments
- Tap on the delete option once it appears
- While printed click the delete button to remove the whole conversation from iCloud
Once you complete this process your message will be deleted from all Apple devices.
How Do You Delete Messages From Another Device?
This may not be possible. You will need to use your iOS device or iCloud account to delete iMessages.
frequently asked questions
1. When you delete messages on your iPhone does it delete for the other person?
No. When you delete a message on your iPhone, it only gets deleted from your device. The other person when you sent the text will still be able to see the messages in their inbox.
2. How do you delete messages on your iPhone so the other person can’t see them in 2022?
Many a time, you may send a wrong message to someone and it’s natural wanting to delete it from the other person’s phone.
You can do that by following the steps below:
- Open the chat on your Messages app on your phone
- Tap and hold the desired chat you want to delete
- Then click on the More option
- Tap on the delete button
- Click and confirm the delete message prompt
3. How do I permanently delete text messages on both sides?
- To permanently delete text messages from both sides, you can either choose the built-in message app or an external app like iMessage Eraser
- To use the app, open it and click on the conversation you want to delete. Click on the more options button and then select delete conversation
iMessages Eraser is a good external app for this purpose.
4. I delete a text message I sent someone’s iPhone?
Yes, you can. For this, open the messages app and click on the conversation that has the text messages you want to delete. Swipe left on the messages to delete it.
Does deleting a message delete it for both parties’ iPhones?
No, it does not. However, you can delete the message from both sides. We have mentioned how to do it above.
Does deleting a text message delete it for the other person?
No. It does not. While the message will be deleted from your device, it’s will be available to the receiver.
Though texting is a popular practice and an easy solution in most cases, problems arise when you send the wrong text or text the wrong person. Thankfully, it’s not a big deal to delete texts on an iPhone. In this article, we have covered the process in detail. We hope it helps.
Check More Posts :