If you want to type the symbol on your Mac device, you should follow these steps:-
- Hit the option key adjacent to Command and hold it.
- After that, type the “P” letter.
- Finally, repeat, or you can release it.
The Pi symbol represents the mathematical ratio of a circle’s circumference to the respective diameter. We know the value of this symbol is “3.1459,” or twenty-two seventh.
Remember that it is a unique character based on the Greek alphabet. If you have a Mac keyboard, you will not find this standard.
Steps Need To Be Followed To Do Pi Symbol On Mac
You should know that it is impossible to type any unique character without a physical keyboard. Hence, you need to know that it is possible to insert emojis, special characters, Latin, etc., with the help of the ‘Character Viewer’ option.
These are the steps that you should follow to type the symbol on the Mac-
- Your first task should be to hit the “Option” key and hold it down on the keyboard.
- Thereafter, you should hit the “P” letter when you continue holding the key.
- Now, if you are willing, you can release these keys simultaneously. Afterward, you can see the Pi symbol appearing in the app or document.
You can perform the following steps to learn how to type the pi symbol on mac.
- You should navigate to the character viewer first. If you want to do this, your task is to hit the Command + Control + Spacebar and hold it thereafter on the keyboard.
- After that, you are required to head toward the search bar. Then, you need to type “Greek small letter pi” at the search bar top.
- Next, you should choose the Pi (π) symbol. Then, your job is to tap on the symbol so that you can use this at any place.
- It is the simplest process to type the symbol on a Mac device. However, if you are willing, it is possible to copy-paste the symbol from a website. Then, you can use this anywhere.
How To Type Pi (π) Symbol On iPhone
When you want to type Pi or insert this on an iPhone, you can find the process a bit more tricky compared to the process that you need to follow on Mac.
These are a few steps that you must follow so that you can type this symbol on the iPhone.
- You should move first to Settings. After that, you should move to General, Keyboard, and Keyboards.
- Now, you need to choose the option. Next, you should find the option ‘Greek.’ After that, you can see a Greek Keyboard that will get included in the keyboards list.
- Next, you should go to the notes section or wherever you wish to go to type the symbol. Now, your task is to tap on the small globe icon located at the bottom left.
- Then, it will switch to the Greek keyboard.
- Go to the Greek keyboard and find the symbol thereafter. Now, you should type the symbol at any place.
How To Type Pi (π) Symbol On Android Smartphone:
You can type the symbol more easily on an Android device than iPhone. These are the following steps required to follow on the Android mobile.
Suppose you are using Android mobile running on Stock android. If this is the case, ensure that you have a Google keyboard, which must work as the default keyboard. However, if the keyboard does not default, try installing the Google Keyboard from Google Play Store.
As soon as you install the keyboard, your task is to open the application. Then, complete the setup procedure. You must set Google keyboard as the system’s default keyboard.
Next, your task is to choose the Numpad (?123) button located at the bottom left. It can showcase the unique characters which you can choose.
Whether you want to display more special characters, you can choose the “=/<” button. After that, you can view the symbol from the new characters set in the topmost row.
How To Type Pi (π) Symbol On Windows:
You can type the symbol on your system by holding the ‘Alt’ key down. Next, you have to type the digits: ‘2 2 7’
Now, you need to release the Alt key. Thereafter, you can find the symbol inserted into the doc. It is possible to insert it anywhere you want.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do you type Symbols on a Mac?
- You should first tap on the text where you are willing to place this specific character. Thereafter, you are required to select Edit > Emoji & Symbols. If you want, hit the Control-Command-Space bar.
- After that, you can see the Character Viewer appearing once you tap on this.
- Tap on the character to insert this in the text.
2. How do you type the Pi symbol?
If you want to learn how to type pi on mac, your first task will be to enable the numeric key. After that, what you should do is place this cursor where you are willing to insert this symbol.
You have to hold an alt key. After that, you should use a numeric pad to type 0960 so that you can make the mac pi symbol on the document.
3. How do you make a pie on a Mac?
If you want to create a pie symbol on your Mac, do the following.
- First, you need to hit the option key adjacent to Command. Then, you are required to hold it.
- After that, you should type the “P” letter.
- Finally, your job is to repeat the process or release it.
4. How do you insert a Pi symbol in Excel on a Mac?
The pi function can act the same in Excel for Mac as it works for windows users. However, the shortcut through which you can enter the symbol into a cell is not the same. Mac users must hold the Option key down and, after that, hit “P.”
[…] Quick Steps To Do Pi Symbol On Mac […]
Comments are closed.