If you want to use Firestick without a remote, you need to use the Amazon Fire TV App on your mobile, or you can use the Bluetooth Mouse.
First, you should navigate the Google Play Store or Apple App Store on the mobile. Then, head toward the app store to choose the search box. Next, write Amazon Fire TV and select the app on the drop-down suggestions. You can initiate your search and choose your app from the results.
Then, hit the Install button. After installation of the Fire TV app, you need to click on the option Open to launch it. Choose the name thereafter on the Available Devices display. If you want to connect your mobile to your Fire TV, you need to write the code appearing on the TV into the app.
How To Set Up Fire Stick Without The Remote?
If you are willing to set up the fire stick without a remote, you need to unwrap the device out of the delivery box.
After that, install the app on your mobile. Then, you should log in to the profile, enter the 4-digit code and use the digital remote for confirmation.
Before proceeding, ensure to use your mobile nearby. Connect your device to the internet and download from your app store. These are the steps to follow to set up the Firestick without using a remote.
Step 1. Get The FireTV Stick Ready:
You should keep your Fire TV stick prepared to connect first. Have you purchased the device recently and not connected it to the TV? These are the steps to follow.
- Your first task is to grab the USB microwire to insert this into the power adapter.
- Then, connect the other end of the cord with the Stick.
- After that, you should connect the TV stick to your HDMI ports on the TV device.
- You must remember which port you have selected. Finally, you can install your FireIV stick successfully.
Step 2. Acquire The FireTV App:
After setting up the Fire TV stick, you should download the Fire TV app. After that, you should begin using the digital remote service. You can download the app from each app store from any brand.
These are the steps you need to follow to download the app.
- Navigate to the AppStore (App Store or Google Play).
- Then, type “Amazon FireTV app” in the search field.
- After that, you need to download the application that needs to be on the top.
- Wait for a while till the app is not downloaded. Then, you should move to the install page.
- Finally, you should install the application and open it.
Now you can install the FireTV app.
Step 3. Login/Signup Into The FireTV App:
If you haven’t made your FireTV account, you must do it now. Otherwise, it is impossible to use the digital remote.
If you want to make a new account, tap on Sign up. Then, enter the username and password to log in to your account.
Remember that your registration will need to confirm your email with a note in your email’s inbox. Hence, it uses the email which you have used to register.
Thereafter, tap on the link sent to confirm and finalize your account creation.
After registering, you should enter your new username and password to sign in to the Fire app.
Step 4. Confirm The 4-Digit Code:
- Entering the 4-digit code on your TV is the last step you should perform.
- After tapping the log-in button, you can see a window prompting you to input a specific 4-digit confirmation code.
- If you can’t find the 4-digit code, you will find it on the bottom left of the TV display as a pop-up message from Fire TV.
- It is essential to memorize it and note down the required field in the mobile FireTV app.
- After tapping on “Confirm: if the code is correct, you should browse the app freely.
Step 5. Finish The Setup With The Digital Remote:
This step confirms the code, and your device will sync automatically with your TV and Firestick.
You can see a digital remote with the hardware remote’s buttons on the mobile display. After that, you need to hit the Home and Play/Pause buttons to confirm your connection with Firestick.
Now, you can control the FireTV stick to follow the instructions shown on your TV. Lastly, perform the step to confirm.
How To Turn Fire Stick On/Off Without The Remote?
Disconnecting the Fire Stick from the power source is the only method to disable the Fire TV Stick entirely. Hence, you should wait for twenty minutes for Fire TV Stick to put itself to sleep.
But it won’t work if you use specific apps. If you put Fire Stick to sleep, it indicates that it will not use up more power. In addition, it can receive software updates.
How To Reset Fire Stick Without The Remote?
When you don’t have it to choose options on the Firestick, you should reset it through the Firestick phone app. These are the steps to reset the Firestick without using a remote.
- First, you should download the app required from the App Store ( Apple or Android). Next, you should set up the Firestick with a similar Wi-Fi network as your Firestick device is linked.
- Hence, you need to navigate to the app and choose the name of the firestick device from there. Next, you should initiate the connection. You can see a four-digit code on the television if you select the proper device.
- Next, the app will want to have the code on the television.
- Enter it and complete the setup connection.
- Then, you should choose the “settings” menu in the app. Thereafter, your task is to choose the device from the new page popping up.
- Hit the “Factory Reset” option from the list of options.
- Next, you should choose “confirm” on the app to end the resetting method. The Firestick takes a few minutes to reset.
How To Use Your Bluetooth Mouse
Usually, Fire TV Stick is compatible with different Bluetooth accessories, such as mice and keyboards. It indicates that you can connect the FireStick with a Bluetooth mouse to operate it. These are the steps which you should follow.
- Your first task is to move to settings from the Fire TV Stick home display.
- Then, you should scroll the page down and choose Controllers & Bluetooth Devices.
- Thereafter, you should choose Other Bluetooth Devices.
- Then, tap on Add Bluetooth Devices.
- Finally, you have to start connecting to the Bluetooth device. Once your device detects the Bluetooth device, you need to choose it to connect them.
How to Use the Fire TV App
You can use the Fire TV app how you use the remote. Hence, if you want to head toward the device’s interface, you can use directional and select buttons. Usually, the buttons are big and clear, which makes them simple to tap.
- You can find small buttons below the navigational buttons. These small buttons can perform other remote functions: back, home, options, rewind, play/pause, and fast forward.
- Navigate to the top-right corner to quickly access the Your Apps and Games section. Then, besides this, there is a keyboard that allows you to enter text on your Fire TV.
- Tap on the middle of the voice function at the display top. If you are willing to use the function, pull down and hold the mic icon until you finish giving a command. Try to pull down and hold the mic icon. If necessary, hold the voice button on the remote, similar to the previous one.
- Hit the gear icon to access Settings in the top left. While in the settings, you can create your Fire TV Sleep. In addition, it allows you to access your Fire TV Settings and tweak App Remote Settings.
- While you are under the App Remote Settings, different options are available, including Directional Pad and Vibration.
- If you want to turn off the Directional Pad option, you can replace it with a touchpad. It is possible to go to the Fire TV interface when you swipe left, right, up, and down.
Use Your TV Remote
If you want, you can also control your Fire TV Stick with a TV remote, but it needs to be compatible with HDMI-CEC. It was developed to enable devices that get plugged into HDMI ports.
Hence CEC stands for Consumer Electronics Control. It enables any HDMI device to remain controlled through a single remote control. Remember to check if your TV supports CEC in its product manual.
1. What do I do if I lost my Fire TV remote?
If you have lost your Fire TV remote, you should use your mobile to control it. You can get the app available on Android and iOS platforms. It can replicate the physical Fire TV remote functions, like voice control.
- Have you lost the TV remote? You do not have to think about anything as it is possible to go and play content on your Fire TV with the help of your mobile. Just install your Amazon Fire TV app based on Android / iOS. After that, you should sign in to the Amazon account.
- When you complete the sign-in process, your mobile can recognize the television. You should click on it. Remember that if you want this process to work, you must connect your Fire TV and smartphone to a common WiFi network.
- Thereafter, you need to enter the 4-digit code shown on the Fire TV display. Tap on it to proceed ahead.
- At last, a UI will be available, similar to the Fire TV’s remote. You can open Settings, move around with the help of the navigation keys, and control volume.
- Use the Amazon Fire TV App without WiFi
- Use Alexa to Remotely Navigate Fire TV
- Use TV Remote
- Use Keyboard and Mouse
- Buy a New Remote
2. Can I use my phone as a remote for my FireStick?
- Your first task is to connect the phone to a similar Wi-Fi network as the Fire TV Device.
- Next, you need to open the app on the phone.
- Then, you should choose the device on display.
- Now, follow the on-screen prompt.
- Finally, you should use your on-screen navigation, keyboard, and other menu options. These will help you to control the chosen Fire TV device.
3. Can I control my FireStick with Bluetooth devices?
The modern feature does not need any extra setup or configuration. As soon as your Fire TV has the feature, it can connect a Bluetooth audio device, including headphones or a speaker, in the normal Bluetooth menu that can be accessed through your Bluetooth Loader app.
4. Can I use a TV remote to control my FireStick?
If you are willing to control a Fire Stick using a remote, you should try to turn on HDMI CEC on the television before plugging your Fire Stick into your TV’s HDMI port. When you ensure that your television detects the Fire Stick, the TV remote can control it easily.
Check More How Can You Delete Apps On Firestick