If you have been using Snapchat, then you would know that the current light mode does put quite a strain on your eyes. Not only that, but harsh blue light which gets emitted from your mobile screen can make it tougher for you to sleep. In this article, we will let you know How To Put Dark Mode On Snapchat.
What’s worse is, looking at the Snapchat app for very long might make you more susceptible to headaches. This is why there are numerous apps that offer black mode. A Night mode lessens the strain on your eyes: meaning, it’s all fun and no headache or sleepless nights!
If you like using Snapchat, continue reading the article to get to know how to put dark mode on Snapchat.
Dark Mode In Snapchat
Black Mode, which is also known as night mode, is a setting where the application’s color scheme gets altered to a darker landscape. There is another term for Night mode, which is bedtime mode.
This is the display setting if one plans to stay up for a bit with the lights out. one can turn on dark mode in Facebook along with many other apps, including Snapchat.
The night mode in Snapchat is a new feature that has been introduced.
The dark mode is a superb option to let you use your phone or tab for as long as you like without putting a strain on your eyes. If you love using Snapchat, then you are in luck as this app offers Black Mode. However, this cannot be said in the cases of all other apps.
Even some of the most popular iOS and Android apps do not offer night mode. However, without beating about the bust, let us get into how to turn on the Night mode for Snapchat.
Given below are the exact steps for how to enable dark mode on Snapchat.
Steps To Enable Dark Mode In Snapchat On IOS
Snapchat is an American multimedia instant messaging app and service developed by Snap Inc. Snapchat rolls out new features every now and then. This is one of the leading apps for picture messaging and chatting. Users are almost always awed by the innovative features that Snapchat comes up with.
The dark mode for Snapchat was introduced in the month of May 2021. If you are an iPhone user and yet you are straining your eyes, then here are some quick steps to turn on Black Mode on Snapchat.
Here are the steps on how to enable Night mode in Snapchat on iOS.
- Firstly, one needs to go to the profile in Snapchat by clicking the Bitmoji option on the top left corner.
- Now, select the Gear setting option in the top right corner.
- Now, one needs to scroll down and select the App appearance.
- At last, one needs to choose “Always Dark,” and by this, one can enable the dark mode in Snapchat on iPhone.
Black Mode Feature In Snapchat On Android
Snapchat keeps making a promise for Dark Mode for Android, but unfortunately, they seem to consistently update everything else other than the night mode as of October 3, 2021. This can be because of some issues that Snapchat Inc is yet to resolve. However, we aren’t sure of the reason.
Android Snapchat may not support Dark Mode in the truest sense of the term, but one can always try an alternative solution for switching on Snapchat Night Mode.
The process involves turning on developer mode. Then you have to use the given settings to “force” Night mode on Snapchat.
Here’s the process of how to enable night mode on Android.
- Firstly, swipe down and select the settings option in the top right corner.
- Then choose the display option.
- From there, enable the dark mode.
- Then, go back to the settings and scroll all the way down, and then choose “About Phone.”
- Select Software Information.
- Find “Build Number” and then repeatedly keep tapping on it exactly six times. You will receive a message that says “almost there.” Click three more times. Once you are through with the clicks, you will need to insert your password/code to enable the developer mode.
- Then return back to the settings option and select the Developer’s option that was enabled.
- Now, scroll down and select the Force Dark Mode. It will enable the dark mode on Snapchat along with other applications.
- There are various other alternative methods for Android users to turn on Dark mode on Snapchat. However, those are slightly outdated now that the alternative of ”force Dark Mode” exists.
One of the most popular ways for night mode was to use the Substratum app. Frankly, it’s quite easy to install and use—however, your Android phone or tablet needs for the app to work.
Dark Mode Feature In Snapchat On Samsung
There have been many updates in the Android system, but the Night mode e in Snapchat has not been introduced to date. Since Samsung uses the Android operating system, it is not possible to enable night mode in Snapchat.
However, there is an alternative method to turn on the Black Mode, which has been discussed earlier.
Steps To Change Snapchat To Dark Mode
There is a very easy method to enable dark mode on Snapchat. Given below are the steps, which one can refer to:
- Tap the profile photo in Snapchat in the top left corner
- Tap open the setting option in the top right corner.
- Scroll down on the Settings screen.
- Tap App Appearance.
- You can Always tap Dark, or as mentioned above, you can tap Match System.
Night mode for Snapchat makes all the sense in the world, as it’s too cool and sneaky of an app to only have light mode. The good news for iPhone users is that one can have Snapchat in dark mode. But Black Mode has not been introduced on Snapchat in the Android Version.